The Salvi Foundation has just announced the 14th edition of its annual Cátedra Salvi de Arpa, hosted by the National University of Colombia, in Bogotá. The Cátedra is a one-week program for Latin American harpists which provides the opportunity to come together and learn from international artists. Having headed the program since its inception, Emmanuel Ceysson – principal harpist of the New York Metropolitan Opera – will return this year and give a series of masterclasses. In addition to masterclasses, the program also includes daily harp ensemble activities, a harp exposition, the opportunity to compete in a mock orchestra audition, and a final recital.
July 1 – August 12, 2016
Dates of the program
August 28 – September 3, 2016
Required repertoire for the orchestral audition competition
Beginner level (1-3 years of study)
- “Andrea Chènier” de U. Giordano: Petit Solo.
- “Concierto para violín No.1” de B. Bartok: Comienzo. 3. “Bohème” partes seleccionadas.
Intermediate level (4-6 years of study)
- “Cascanueces” P. I. Tchaikovsky Cadencia del Vals de las flores.
- “Sinfonía Fantástica” H. Berlioz. Desde el comienzo hasta el compás 77.
- “Tristán e Isolda” R. Wagner: La muerte de Isolda.
Advanced level (7-9 years of study)
- “Tannhauser” R. Wagner. Acto 1.
- “Lucia de Lamermoor” G. Donizetti. Act 1. Scene 2. Scena e Cavatina.
- “Manon Lescaut” G. Puccini. Aria: “Oh, Saro la più bella”
For more information visit the Salvi Foundation website.