harpcolumn

What is your other job (if you have one) besides harping?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break What is your other job (if you have one) besides harping?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • Author
    Sylvia
    Participant

A while back, some harpists wrote that they were nurses.

andy-b
    Participant

Hi, Sylvia:

I’m the grantwriter for a large homeless shelter that also provides meals, clothing, case management, employment assistance, and primary health and dental care for homeless individuals and families. The harp definitely helps keep me sane, lol!

Andy

I am an organist and a singer

This is my 22 year teaching public elementary school, currently 2nd grade. The education profession has really facilitated my musical career, not only in time to practice and perform, but to share my love of music with a new generation of children every year.

brook-boddie
    Participant

I work for the disability division of the Social Security Administration in a state agency that makes medical decisions on Social Security disability claims.

Karen Johns
    Participant

I am a Michigan Certified Florist and MSU Master Gardener and currently work at a greenhouse . I hardly ever get to practice during the growing season.

Kelly Noonan
    Participant

I’m an art teacher. Currently in my 2nd year of both teaching and harp (I needed a grown-up job before I could afford it).

Sid Humphreys
    Participant

I’ve been a hairdresser for the past 21 years. I usually work 10-6 and practice 7-10 or even 11 sometimes. That leaves early mornings for housework and errands.

Sid

jennifer-byrne
    Participant

Commercial litigation lawyer here.

Stephanie
    Spectator

Hello,

katerina
    Participant

I make harps. Woodworking.
    Sometimes have occasional work-gigs as a simultaneous interpriter (Russian-English).

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

I have worked as an administrative assistant (remember when we were “secretaries?”) for a teacher’s union for nearly 26 years. I do everything from answer the phone to photography and desktop publishing for the union paper.

Mother to three adorable but highly active children, music therapist ( not currently practicing but maintaining my certification),

holly-kemble
    Participant

I am a buyer for a large meat processing company. I also negotiate large multi site contracts, manage hedge accounts for a few commodities on various boards of trade,

Tacye
    Participant

I work as a museum curator.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 45 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.