harpcolumn

Theme from "Schindler's List" arr. Calvin Custer–performance friendly notation

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Performing Theme from "Schindler's List" arr. Calvin Custer–performance friendly notation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David Ice
    Participant

After encountering the “Theme from ‘Schindler’s List” about 4 times, I finally re-typeset it in Sibelius to eliminate the “eyeball tricks” you needed to do to read the original. Things like notes in the bass cleff being immediately repeated–but this time in the treble cleff, things like that. I only dropped ONE note and changed one other bass note up an octave to facilitate performance. Other than that it’s totally the original, but virtually sight-readable with no “tricks” needed.

I’ll try and post it here. If anybody wants a copy, just contact me. I’m not selling this or trying to infringe on any copyrights, etc…..just making a performance-friendly edition available. It’s such a superb piece of music, and the harp/violin “duet” is so important that it’s imperative to be as solid and secure as possible.

This will work for the orchestral version and the symphonic band version (arranged by Calvin Custer, which seems to be virtually identical to the John Williams original.) One weird thing is that the orchestra version seems to drop one bar in the introduction, which I’ve indicated.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Gretchen Cover
    Participant

David, you are always so generous. Thank you for sharing your arrangement.

billooms
    Participant

Is there somewhere that I can buy just the violin part (for a duet) without having to buy the entire band score?

patty-ritter
    Participant

Thank you, David.

David Ice
    Participant

It looked like our violinist was using a piano book…there very well might be a piano reduction book with a “treble instrument” part in it. I just know it had a blue-ish cover.

billooms
    Participant

Thanks, David. I found a piano/violin duet that I could get online.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.