harpcolumn

The Angel Gabriel Howell Arrangement

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire The Angel Gabriel Howell Arrangement

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rebekah-atkinson
    Participant

I have been requested to accompany a choral group on “The Angel Gabriel” in a few weeks, and I am thinking about trying to incorporate the Howell arrangement accompaniment, because it seems more suited to the harp. Has anyone ever tried to do that, is it worth attempting with a different choral part, and does anyone have the Powell version or have a recommendation where I might be able to purchase and download (not really time to have it shipped in…)? Thanks very much!

Rebekah, I have neither the Howell nor the Powell arrangement of that carol, both mentioned in your post. I have two copies of The Angel Gabriel, in different keys, and with different words and different melodies. If either of these is similar to what the choir is singing, and might possibly help you, just e-mail me and I will send you electronically either version A or B, described here: A: from ChristmasCarolMusic.org – free Christmas carol free sheet music. Words: Basque carol. para. Sabine Baring-Gould(1834-1924). Harmonized by Edward L. Stauff. Key of G minor. Measures 1 and 3 are in 9/8 meter; the others in 12/8. Four verses, the first beginning “The angel Gabriel from heaven came…..
    B: Organ arrangement. Five Verses. Key of E minor. “Traditional”. 4/4 meter. First verse begins: The Angel Gabriel from God was sent to Galilee…
    This is not the Christmas story, but rather the story of the Annunciation.

rebekah-atkinson
    Participant

Hi Patricia, Thanks so much for your help, I appreciate you taking the time to weigh in! Somehow, I missed your post 🙁 but if I had seen it earlier, I certainly would have taken advantage of your generous offer. Hope your holidays were great!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.