harpcolumn

String breaking–burr?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories String breaking–burr?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    harpist123
    Participant

You were in no way “dissing” in any way, Charles 🙂 I often have trouble getting down in words what it is that I want to say…Never really knowing how my choice of words and description might be interpreted…Anyway, still waiting for my delivery and to finally get started…Thanks for the offer to order the leather washers if the other options don’t pan out. Have a wonderful day!

balfour-knight
    Participant

Hi, Charles! I love that you are also an organ builder! In another “lifetime”, from 1982 until 2002, 20 years, I built my own nine-rank tracker pipe organ. We will have to compare notes! I now perform almost exclusively on harp, but I did a masters degree in organ performance way back when, and still stay in shape playing my own pipe organ. Thanks for all your wonderful posts.

Best regards,
    Balfour

Biagio
    Participant

Sorry to be coming in late: Charles gave a complete description, so I willl just say what I do: small ((about 1cm) squares are cut from a heavy leather belt (which I got at a thrift store) with a mat knife. Happened to have a leather punch (about $10 new) for the holes but a large nail, hammer and wooden board will do the trick.

chrisscott
    Participant

Everyone, thanks so much for your help with my original question (and I’ve enjoyed the subsequent discussion, too). Just checking back in to let you know that the problem was, indeed, me tying the wrong knot. The standard bunny ears knot did the trick. Balfour-knight, I did find that other way of tying the knot on a YouTube video somewhere–basically a different way to end up with the same knot. Of course, I can’t find the video again. I remember it’s at the end of a video as kind of a “and here’s another way to tie that knot” p.s. Anyway … Thanks very much, everyone. Hope this will be helpful to some other harp parent out there.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies