harpcolumn

Spruce veneer for lever harp soundboards

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Spruce veneer for lever harp soundboards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    carl-swanson
    Participant

I have about 40 or 50 sheets of spruce veneer that I bought years ago for lever harps. I would like to sell these now. They each measure 48 inches long by about 12 inches wide. The thickness is .053.  They are absolutely clear.  I am not going to sell them off individually. You have to buy the whole stack. Contact me if you’re interested. Thanks.  Carl Swanson

Biagio
    Participant

Hi Carl,

Sorry for not responding to this earlier.  If you have not yet found someone you might try mentioning this on the Yahoo Harpmakers forum and perhaps the Harplist too.  The former would probably be your best bet – you know how makers talk to each other and are a pretty tight group.  Word would soon get around.

Both are “restricted” meaning you have to say why you want to join (e.g. “I am a harp maker” as if they did not know) – but heck I’m sure you would be welcome in both!

Most of the lever harp makers that I know prefer a hardwood veneer (thereby avoiding an outer rib) but not all, and personally I am not sure that a hardwood veneer is preferable to a spruce one, plus rib.  Just easier.

You could also try the Folk Harp Journal; advertising of things like that is free to members of the International Society of Folk Harpers and Craftsmen.  Not a bad outfit to join and I’m sure you would be a valued member if you are not already!

Best wishes,

Biagio

carl-swanson
    Participant

Biagio- Thank you so much for the advice. I’ll try both of those places.

teifiharps
    Participant

Hi Carl, where abouts are you based?

carl-swanson
    Participant

I just tried emailing you and it bounced back. I tried a second time and I’m waiting now to see what happens. Could you email me at: swanharp@earthlink.net?  Here’s the message I sent you:

<span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: medium; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; widows: 2;”>I am in Boston Massachusetts. So the spruce is here. It’s currently being stored about an hour from me. I need to go pick it up sometime soon. I can get an exact count of the number of sheets and the exact width as well.  Once I have the dimensions, I can also get a price for sending it to you.  I’m not looking to make a lot of money on this. I just want it to go to someone who can use it. It’s gorgeous veneer, from the same company that I get my veneer for pedal harps. It was initially bought in the 1990’s when I had my company that made pedal and lever harps. So it has been sitting around for probably 20 years.</span><br style=”color: #000000; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: medium; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; widows: 2;” /><br style=”color: #000000; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: medium; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; widows: 2;” /><span style=”color: #000000; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: medium; line-height: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; widows: 2;”>Carl Swanson</span>

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.