harpcolumn

Showy Christmas solos

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire Showy Christmas solos

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    erin-wood
    Participant

O Holy Night is always popular.  I use the McDonald/Wood arrangement.  It Came Upon a Midnight Clear is also nice from those books (I like it because one verse is about “harps of gold”).  I also love their arrangement of Greensleeves.  I bought this set of carols last year on harpcolumnmusic and it has a nice greensleeves as well as other great carol arrangments:  http://harpcolumnmusic.com/all-music/artists/anne-sullivan/english-and-german-carols-set/

joan-steinberg
    Participant

I like to use selections from the Campbern Christmas Collection. especially O Come, O Come Emanuel, Noel Provencal by Grandjany, and, new this year (for me), Mary, Did You Know, arr.  Erin Freund.

Jerusha Amado
    Participant

The medley “Arabian Dance” and “We Three Kings of Orient Are” by Sylvia Woods is wonderful! You can find it at folkharp.com or harpcenter.com

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

I have two Christmas pieces to add:

Conté de Noel, Alphonse Hasselmans

Nutcracker Ballet Selections, Eleanor Fell (This is almost sightreadable for advanced harpists but still sounds full.)

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.