harpcolumn

Scion xB Harpmobile

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Group Forums Harpmobile Update Scion xB Harpmobile

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    redharpist
    Participant

I think I’ve been in a discussion about harpmobiles years ago in these forums. After a lot of research I ended up buying a new Scion xB back in 2011 to transport my Venus Aria. I love my xB not only for transporting my harp, but it has a high safety/reliability rating and gets pretty good gas mileage. And I can fit one other person in the car with me when the harp is in it! I’m bummed that Toyota has stopped making them because I’ll have to start the search all over again when it’s time for a new car.

balfour-knight
    Participant

You can always check out Subaru! They are coming out with a larger than ever Subaru, an Ascent, I believe, in the near future! We are very happy with our Forester right now, of course, as long as Subaru makes this model large enough for a concert grand harp! Car sizes do change from time to time, but the Forester has been large enough since at least 2015 for a 73″ tall concert grand, and you have the “beauty of all-wheel drive” in bad weather and for off-roading. Bear in mind that I am 5′ 6″ and don’t have to position the front seat very far back–a tall person would not have as much room behind the front seat. The Subaru Outback may have even more linear room than the Forester, which gives one another option. Hope this helps!

Harp Hugs,
    Balfour

redharpist
    Participant

Thanks, Balfour! It sounds like Subaru has some great options for me when it comes time for a new car 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.