harpcolumn

Pedal setting for chords and glissandos

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Pedal setting for chords and glissandos

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    billooms
    Participant

For many years, harpists have relied on the excellent book “A Harpist’s Survival Guide to Glisses” by Kathy Bundock Moore. But if you are like me, you don’t always carry all of your books with you. Many of us now keep our music on an iPad, so it would be convenient to have this information readily available on our tablet. For those of us who don’t use a tablet for our music, we may at least have an iPhone with us.
    About a year ago, I wrote an app for my phone/tablet to find pedal settings for glisses. I’ve cleaned it up and now offer it for free on the Apple app store. It’s called “HarpPedals”. No ads, no cost, no tracking. It’s my contribution to the community.
    It requires an iPhone or iPad running iOS 11.0 or later. Attached is a user manual if you want to see what the app can do.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    balfour-knight
    Participant

Bill, this appears to be a real asset to the pedal harp community! Thanks, even though I do not have the technology of an iPhone or iPad–I am really a “cave man” when it comes to such things, ha, ha!

Best to you,
    Balfour

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies