harpcolumn

Ogden or prelude for college?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Group Forums Harp in college Ogden or prelude for college?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bespeckledbunny
    Participant

My parents won’t let me study music in college, but my future roommate’s uncle owns a restaurant near the school and says that we can perform there together for paid gigs! I am IN LOVE with the Lyon and Healy Prelude 40; however, I won’t have a car in college. Another factor is that I’m 5’1…so the prelude is 3 inches taller than me, it is also a little under half my weight! I think the Ogden is cute, plus it comes with a case and is only 28 pounds- but I don’t love it as much as the prelude (I mean, the Prelude is absolutely stunning!). I’m not sure if I’m going to graduate school, despite that, 4 years is still a long time, but I plan on having this harp for as long as I can. I don’t want to settle, but at the same time I need to be practical… which one should I buy? Thanks for the help!

A Prelude is certainly of a superior quality, and has a bigger range for more music. If you cannot handle it, then you should get a Troubador, as they are better than Ogdens.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.