harpcolumn

New wedding and gig repertoire

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire New wedding and gig repertoire

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rosemarie donatelli
    Participant

Hello fellow harpists! I have been playing the harp for quite some time for weddings and other background music events. I play all of the standard wedding tunes. I would however like to enrich and liven my popular selections. What current/ popular songs do you play and did you make the arrangements yourself from piano music? Thanks in advance for your help!!

JackieHarpFan
    Participant

I can add one song to your list. My daughter recently played at her cousin’s wedding and the bride’s only special request was for, “The River Flows In You”. My daughter played a simple but lovely arrangement by Sylvia Woods.

myka
    Participant

Learn “a thousand years” by Christina Perry. I arrainged to for my sister’s wedding a year ago, and haven’t regretted it since. It’s very popular as a professional and can be played on either pedal or lever harp.

balfour-knight
    Participant

“Clocks” by Coldplay was recently requested as “the groom’s favorite” at a wedding I did a couple of weeks ago. I learned it by ear and did a peppy rendition of it at the appropriate time. The groom and his men loved it!

emma-graham
    Participant

1000 years is by FAR my most requested song for weddings so definately add that one. This year I’ve had the biggest response from guests when I’ve played the theme from Game of Thrones. I’ve never seen a single episode but people love it. One guest even held his phone next to me and recorded it (without saying a word!)
    My favourite request of the year though was “Paranoid” by Black Sabbath. Hours of fun!

balfour-knight
    Participant

I agree with 1000 Years! I have used that one for most of the outdoor weddings I have played this entire year. Two others that always seem good are the theme song from Somewhere In Time and the Eighteenth Variation by Rachmaninoff that was also used often in the movie. In a recent conversation I had with Angi Bemiss, Simply the Harp productions in Atlanta, GA, she affirmed this about the continued popularity of the two songs/pieces from Somewhere In Time. She and I have published simple harp arrangements of these two which can also be used as “fake book” versions for those of you who can add and improvise. Contact her if you are interested!

Best to all of you,
    Balfour

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies