harpcolumn

Lost in the Moment

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums How To Play Lost in the Moment

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    D W
    Participant

Instructor out of town to discuss this with her but I am working on a piece that has a couple of magical points that are so lovely I just get lost in the moment.  Unfortunately, I am supposed to be doing a couple of pedal changes and of course moving to the next phrase and I find I’m just stuck because I am listening to the music and savoring the moment!  Hmmm, Am I supposed to be on the other side of the instrument?  I sure do love it from either side!

Andelin
    Participant

I don’t have a pedal harp, so not the same problem, but sometimes I do get lost in the music!  Glad I’m not the only one.  There are some songs that actually make me cry when I play them.

I don’t have any advice, just sympathy, I guess!  I think with more practice it will come. 🙂  Not the worst problem to have, overall. 🙂

balfour-knight
    Participant

I love this thread!  I also get “lost in the moment,” just ask my sweet wife, ha, ha!  I still feel that the harp is the most beautiful instrument in existence, even after all these years of playing it.  Andelin, here’s wishing that you can get a pedal harp very soon.  I wish I could just send you one!

Best wishes and harp hugs,

Balfour

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies