harpcolumn

Looking for Unpublished/"Missing" Nativity Carols by Barbara Semmann

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire Looking for Unpublished/"Missing" Nativity Carols by Barbara Semmann

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    jill-fichialos
    Participant

Hello! I need everyone’s help to solve a mystery!

My daughter has the CD from Barbara Semmann entitled “The Moon of Wintertime” (https://www.senscritique.com/album/The_Moon_of_Wintertime/6025528). She also has her books “Nativity Carols” and “Nativity Carols Set 2”. The CD has many of the arrangements found in the books. But, the books are missing about 17 of the arrangements found on the CD. Some of my favorite “missing” pieces are “Shepherds Come A-Running”, “Carol of the Birds”, and “I Saw Three Ships”.

I have to wonder if Barbara had plans to make another “Nativity Carols” book, but didn’t get the chance before she passed away?

Do any of you know where I could find the music to any of these carols? Ideally they would be Barbara’s arrangement – but I would be happy to find anything at this point! My daughter and I really enjoy these pieces (she is an intermediate harpist, and I am a professional listener). Any information you may have would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks – and Merry Christmas in about three months 🙂

-Jill Fichialos

Here is a full list of the arrangements found on “The Moon of Wintertime” that are not found in either “Nativity Carols” books:

Carol of the Birds (French)
    Away in the Manger
    Veni Emmanuel (plainsong)
    Shepherds Come A-Running
    Pat-a-pan (Burgundian)
    I Saw Three Ships
    A La Ru (Hispanic)
    Resonet in Laudibus (German)
    In Dulci Jubilo (German)
    Divinum Mysterium (plainsong)
    Sussex Carol (English)
    Forest Green (English)
    Still, Still, Still – O Come, Little Children
    Deck the Hall (English)
    Mid Winter Snows (Holst – Goss)
    Il est né (French)
    What Child is This? (English)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies