harpcolumn

Is it possible to set a lever har to the key of B

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums How To Play Is it possible to set a lever har to the key of B

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    austin-hart
    Participant

Hi all!
    My friend who plays guitar wants me to play a song with him in the key of B. From what I have researched online, it is not possible to tune a lever harp to B. Is that really true? What would you all say I do?
    Thanks,
    Austin

Tacye
    Participant

Retune. Either the harp As up (assuming you are normally in Eb), or the guitar down a semitone.

tony-morosco
    Participant

Of course you can tune to B. If you can change tuning to B just by flipping levers or not depends on what key you have it tuned to when the levers are not engaged.

If you normally have your harp tuned to C without the levers engaged then tuning to B is easy as raising the F, C, G, D and A levers to sharp those notes.

If you are tuned to, say, Eb you would first need to manually return the As to natural with the levers disengaged. Then raise the F,C,G,D and A levers to make those strings sharp, and also raise the E and B levers to make those strings natural.

If you don’t have levers on all the strings then manually retune those strings to sharp or natural as needed with your tuning key, and then tune them back down when you are done.

austin-hart
    Participant

Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.