harpcolumn

how much do you charge?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Young Harpists how much do you charge?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

How much do you guys charge for small gigs and weddings? Do any of
    you have steady gigs? I’m probably going to get one this summer,
    when I’m not so busy with school. Please include your age, location,
    and experience since that obviously matters.

unknown-user
    Participant

Well, a lot depends on where you live. A while ago the harp column magazine, they had a map of the united states, and in every state they had prices for weddings, lessons and (i think) a ceremony of carols. It was very interesting, to see how each varied from region to region. I noticed a trend that in the northeast, lessons tended to be a bit more expensive while in the northwest, wedding prices peaked. Go figure. Heres a quick list of what i tend to charge.

weddings (1 hour) outside my parish: $200

weddings (over 1 hour) outside my parish: $275

weddings held in my parish: all $150

Steady work: 4 hours for $275

If the gig is out of my region, I tend to add an additional charge. Also, the steady work that i listed was during the Christmas season… that’s why it is so high. For other steady workl, I’d say $35-$80 an hour owuld be appropriate.

Im 14 years old (well, 13 now, but my birthday is in 5 days! yay).
    I’ve done gigs for 2 years.
    I am about 10 minutes north of Boston, Massachusetts.
    If you have any questions, do not hesitate to email me at sugarhigh21290@yahoo.com.

-steve

unknown-user
    Participant

I am 17 years old and accepted to study at the Eastman School of Music in September 2004.

unknown-user
    Participant

I am 17, have been playing for 11 years, and I also agree with those prices.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Young Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.