harpcolumn

Help! Moving concert grand in rental car?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Help! Moving concert grand in rental car?

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    harpsona
    Participant

What: I need to move my rental Lyon & Healy Style 11 concert grand pedal harp.

Problem: I do not own a car in this city. I am planning on using a rental car service like ZipCar or ReachNow, but I am not sure if the cars offered will work for this.

Question: Has anyone moved a concert grand in a Subaru Impreza, Jeep Renegade, Honda Fit Saver, or Volkswagen Golf? If so, did you have to take out any seats?

harpsona
    Participant

After a lot of searching, it looks like the cargo space for all of the above are not enough to accommodate. Luckily, I was able to receive the help of a friend with a large enough car instead of using a rental.

Asking for a minivan would help, or going to a truck/van rental facility. A Ford Flex looks like an ideal harpmobile from the outside. The ideal is having a professional harp mover, as they have in New York or Boston.

harpsona
    Participant

Thank you! I will keep that in mind for next time. I was lucky enough this time that a friend with a Toyota RAV4 was able to help out.

pheona-miller
    Participant

I realise this is an old post. However, I have a 2003 Honda c-RV automatic 5-door ‘Estate’ (driver’s seat on the right) and I managed to get a Concert Grand Aoyama Monarch 47 D model into it quite comfortable with only the back seats down! I was rather surprised!
    The height of the ‘Monarch’ is 188cm; width of extended soundboard is 53.5cm and the weight is 36 Kg (79.3 pounds).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics