harpcolumn

Help finding Aljonushka by Mchedelov

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire Help finding Aljonushka by Mchedelov

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    svetlana-yatsky
    Participant

My pleasure, gretchen-cover and shoshanna-godber! I was glad to be helpful.
    And thank you for your kind words about the website and other arrangements. Blessings!

operaharp
    Participant

Hi! Has anyone got the sheet music that they could possibly send to me? I absolutely love the piece and have messaged Svetlana about it. She has very kindly said that she can send it to me but not for a few weeks. Ideally I’d really love to get my hands on it sooner because I have an event I’d like to play it at. Can anyone help?

baylyhm
    Participant

I just stumbled across Alyonushka as well and have been on the hunt for music when I saw Svetlana-yatsky’s reply. I tried the website she provided but did not see the sheet music…hopefully someone can answer…thanks!

idb
    Participant

Hi all, I’d like it too, if anyone has a pdf at hand. Thanks!

Philippa mcauliffe
    Participant

I would really like to play this too if anyone has it – I could not find it on Svetlana’s website either! Thanks Philippa

Irene Lee
    Participant

I heard Alyonushka on Instagram recently and am looking for the sheet music and saw correspondence dating back to 2014. Now I am looking for the music as well. We couldn’t find the music for download on Svetlana’s website anymore. Any one have any luck getting hold of the music in 2018?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Irene Lee.
    • This reply was modified 5 years, 2 months ago by Irene Lee.
    Rachel
    Participant

If you go to Sheet Music Plus and search for “Aljonushka harp”, there is now a lever harp and pedal harp version available for purchase. There is also a video, so you can hear it played before purchase.

Irene Lee
    Participant

thanks

maria-yerosimou
    Participant

Hello lovely harpists! Could someone send this piece to me please? Many thanks,
    Maria

maria-yerosimou
    Participant

Sorry, I realised I hadn’t read the comment re Sheet Music Plus, I will download it from there. Thank you!

billooms
    Participant

Does anyone know what the word Aljonushka means?

shoshanna-godber
    Participant

Alyonushka is a girl’s name. It’s my understanding that the song is written about the fairytale “Alyonushka and Her Brother Ivanushka”. https://archive.org/stream/IrinaZheleznovaAlyonushkaLittleBrotherIvanushka/Irina-Zheleznova-Alyonushka-Little-Brother-Ivanushka_djvu.txt
    I don’t remember where I heard that though, so I could be totally out to lunch!

svetlana-yatsky
    Participant

That’s correct, Alyonushka (Aljonushka, Alionushka) is a Russian girl’s name.
    A derivative from Alyona. I am not familiar with an “official” explanation why Mchedelov called this composition Alyonushka, but very possible that, yes, it’s after a famous Russian fairy tale character mentioned by shoshanna-godber.
    I’ve also heard a version that a painting by Russian artist Vasnetsov inspired Mchedelov to write this piece. Here is the painting: https://artsandculture.google.com/asset/alyonushka/BwEnxZIyvoQ9kw?hl=en&ms=%7B%22x%22%3A0.5%2C%22y%22%3A0.5%2C%22B%22%3A8.28520790341433%2C%22z%22%3A8.28520790341433%2C%22size%22%3A%7B%22width%22%3A3.551358566278991%2C%22height%22%3A1.2375000000000003%7D%7D

billooms
    Participant

Thany you both for the information. It’s always fascinating to learn about the origin of some of these wonderful pieces of music. I downloaded the music this morning and it’s on my music stand.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.