Has anyone tried Harp Column Academy?

Posted In: Coffee Break

• Participant
    karen-s on #210064

I have been looking at the website for Harp Column Academy and thinking about giving it a try. Has anyone had any experience with it thus far?
    Thanks!

Participant
    kathy-chanik on #210065

Karen, Harp Column Academy is wonderful! I’ve been playing harp-pedal and lever both-for over 40 years and I love looking at the videos. Sunita’s are my favorites, she teaches relaxation, phrasing and sensitivity just so beautifully. I watch her videos over and over since I play mostly lever these days, and also the excellent ones by Kim Robertson and Maeve. The nice thing about a video is you can watch it many times and really learn. And then when I want to get gobsmacked by amazing harp technique I watch Sara Bullen’s videos or Judy Loman’s. And they add new videos all the time-it’s so much fun!

Participant
    Sonya Wiley on #210085

I love it ! I’ve discovered new music to try and of course you have access to these fabulous teachers that you would never have otherwise.

Participant
    karen-s on #210097

Thanks Kathy and Sonya! I’m convinced and will give it a try! Kathy–I went to ‘harp-camp’ this summer in Canada(Canadian International Summer Harp Institute—fabulous!) and Judy Loman was one of the 3 teachers…she is a treasure!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.