harpcolumn

Harp Sightings!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Harp Sightings!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Christian Frederick
    Participant

I was on the Haunted Mansion attraction at Walt Disney World last weekend and saw two, yes two harps!

harp guy
    Participant

Cool! I didn’t know that!

There was a small gift shop in my hometown that had an old lyon and healy pedal harp in their display window. It was in horrible condition but still good enough to be able to restore to it’s original beauty. I regret not trying to buy it from them because they eventually closed, and who knows where it’s at now. I bet they had no idea what it was potentially worth….

Another place to see a ton of old harps tucked in bizarre places is “The House on the Rock” in Spring Green, Wisconsin. They have rigged some up to look like they’ve been turned into automatons.

Christian Frederick
    Participant

Ahhhh….. but the harps at The Haunted Mansion are “ghostly harps”!

Pat Eisenberger
    Participant

How about harp “hearings….”

We saw the second, “Night at the Museum” movie yesterday, and they had three cherubs from a fountain come to life. I think they may have looked like the Jonas Brothers…anyway – one had a lyre, and when they sang there was some terrific harp backup.

I saw a harpist playing with Paul Shaffer’s band on Stephen Colbert’s show on June 19, 2017. It looked like it may have been Mariku Anraku, but I couldn’t get a good enough look to be certain. Anyone know who it was?
    The funny thing was, when I channel-surfed the same night, there was another harpist playing in a scene in Modern Family!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies