harpcolumn

Harp rental needed in South Carolina for wedding/Colorado Case experiences

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Performing Harp rental needed in South Carolina for wedding/Colorado Case experiences

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    katewilde
    Participant

Hey everyone, I was wondering if anyone has a good suggestion to find a rental harp in South Carolina or nearby? My aunt is getting married in March 2017 and has asked me to play, but I live in Oregon and don’t have a flight case to fly with my Lyon & Healy Prelude. Ideally I’d love to play that same model of harp, but a pedal harp would be fine. The biggest thing that would throw me off is different string spacing, and the Prelude has pedal spacing & tension as far as I know.

If I was to get a flight case, I was recommended by Lyon & Healy to go with Colorado Case, but I’ve read awful things about the wait time and even some orders that were completely lost and unfulfilled. Were those just a few disgruntled people, or a reflection of the company? Does anyone have experience with them? I would get more use out of Lyon & Healy’s heavy duty padded case because I usually drive to gigs – that’s $800 right there and I don’t have it yet – so I’m not sure I want to gamble with spending that on a flight case when I might not even get it in time.

Any advice would be much appreciated! I hope there’s a site out there, or maybe someone on here, that could point me to a local rental in South Carolina.

Kate Wilde

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics