harpcolumn

Dusty Strings FHS 36 bubinga vs Dusty Strings Crescendo 34

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Forum Archives Amateur Harpists Dusty Strings FHS 36 bubinga vs Dusty Strings Crescendo 34

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    laurence-furr
    Participant

I am about to purchase a Dusty Strings harp. I’m trying to decide between a new Crescendo 34 (which is made only from Sapele wood) or a 6 year old 36S made in bubinga wood. It is in pristine condition. I have not played either harp. I am a beginner harpist but have 3 degrees in music, including two in organ performance.

The recordings at DS website sound similar. Can someone comment who has played both? I know that the Crescendo has a birch plywood soundboard which is supposed to be excellent in all conditions. The bubinga has aged 6 years and supposedly, the solid wood soundboards (mahogany & spruce) keep getting better with age.

The 36S is a very good price. If I get the Crescendo, am I passing by the “Steinway” of harps for a “Yamaha?” smile….

Advise please!

Thanks! Laurence

Rachel
    Participant

One thing to consider, which has nothing to do with sound, is that only a new harp bought from Dusty or from a licensed store will give you the 5-year warranty.

daniele-di
    Participant

Just be careful about the FH36S…I don`t know where are you buying it but I`ve never seen in my life a “very good priced” FH36 😛 the usual sale price is really high, so double check that it is allright! and of course it would be so much better to be able to try it 🙂

Anyway, it`s a wonderful harp, I have the same!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Amateur Harpists’ is closed to new topics and replies.