harpcolumn

Cracked Lyon and Healy Ogden column

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Cracked Lyon and Healy Ogden column

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    lam-wk
    Participant

My L&H Ogden was brought in March 2013 and it has only been played for a month before I brought a Salvi Diana. I have left it in a corner for a year or so until this evening when I try to tune it again, I found a crack in the junction between the neck and the harp pillar. Oh dear! I am sure there is no direct impact on the harp. Could this be repaired? What should I do?

bernhard-schmidt
    Participant

It is very important to loosen the strings quickly to prevent further damage.

Yes of course it can be repaired.
    I do not know about your country-specific warranty but this looks very much acccording to a processing error.

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Call Lyon & Healy immediately about your harp.

lam-wk
    Participant

Thank you very much, Bernard! I understand that this harp comes with two year limited waranty by Lyon and Healty. However, she probably need to be shipped back to the States. I believe the cost is probably more than 50% of its price. I really am not sure this is the best thing to do. I emailed L&H and it seems there is no reply yet. I phone the local retailer but in my previous experience, there is usually no reply at all. There is very few harp technician in this 7 million population city. Thanks a lot for your help anyway! Regards, LAM

lam-wk
    Participant

Thank you Gretchen! I just emailed L&H, but I am in Hong Kong. I probably need to ship her thousands of mile away and this cost not less than half of her price, I suppose. Regards, LAM

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

Lyon & Healy should have contacts in Asia so you don’t have to ship your harp to the US. I am sure LH will advise you about what to do. If you do not get an email reply in a week, send another one and include the photo.

lam-wk
    Participant

Thank you very much for your advise. Indeed the contact page of L&H only accepts text entry form instead of email. I’ll wait for their reply and see what happens. LAM

wil-weten
    Participant

This topic is more than four years old and do I hope the original poster is still reading this forum.

As I may be going to buy a L&H-harp myself, I very much would like to know how lam-wk’s problem was solved by Lyon & Healy.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies