harpcolumn

Chanting & Meditation

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Chanting & Meditation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    poetic harpist
    Participant

Do any of you chant or meditate? Or do something along similar lines like tapping meridian points, or rubbing gems or crystals? Or acupuncture even?

Sherry Van
    Participant

I am in a meditation program in a phone app, because I know I am not kind of the person who is self-discipline. I have been practicing every day before I sleep for about a month, Emm, I have better sleep hour so it seems working great to improving sleep. It also increasing focus. If you have any stress or sleep problem, I would recommend you use essential oil diffuser. By the way, I am going to try acupuncture too, I would share what the experience is to do the acupuncture.

naisha
    Participant

I don’t usually meditate, but I really like to listen to relaxing and soothing music or nature sounds on the background before sleep, while reading or actually at this moment while I read some stuff on the net. It really makes me feel very calm. Especially the music by Peder B. Helland on youtube. I also like to play some relaxing music on my ukulele (I usually play that style more than the typical happy strummings you can usually listen on ukes). I also practise chi kung from time to time, it makes me relax and stretch my body, which feels very nice (I wonder why I don’t do it more often). If I feel very nervous I know some techniques, like tapping between your eyes, but I don’t do it since college. I guess I don’t feel that stressed in my daily life.
    What about you, poetic harpist?

Biagio
    Participant

It has been shown that one learns and retains more when relaxed – that so called Alpha brain wave state. Whatever works for you depending on your experience and proclivities: meditation, Yoga, Tai Chi, crystal rubbing for those so inclined, or simply visualizing the score – whatever.

Just don’t do a hard physical workout or focus on personal problems.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.