harpcolumn

Carbon Fiber Pedal Harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Carbon Fiber Pedal Harp

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jujubee
    Participant

I am looking for opinions on the Heartland Starlight pedal harp. I am interested in knowing how it projects in comparison to the more trusted Lyon and Healy or Camac pedal harps. I would assume that it has its limitations that in theory is made up by possible amplification. Does anyone have experience playing this harp – or have they tried it and have comments? Thanks!

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

I tried one. Once. That was once enough. Barely sounded like a harp and felt unbalanced. Try one for yourself.

David Kitamura
    Participant

Heartland Harps is a regular vendor at the Somerset Harp Festival including this year. If you’re at all able to make your way out there you can see + hear the Starlight up close along with many other harps for comparison.

I always found the design concept interesting since it opens up a lot of possibilities for moving and playing a pedal harp in more demanding conditions, but never having heard it next to other pedal harps I can’t say anything for the expected compromise in sound.

verticalstrings
    Participant

I purchased a second-hand carbon fiber Starlight harp a while ago. Once it is delivered, I will test it out.

katherine-willow
    Participant

Hi, VerticalStrings. I’m wondering what your take is on the Starlight you purchased. I’m debating purchasing one myself.

brook-boddie
    Participant

I’ve played one before. I didn’t care for it at all. However, everyone has different tastes. Definitely try one out first before you commit. They are nothing at all like wooden pedal harps.

balfour-knight
    Participant

This older blog goes along with the new one called “Heartland Harps,” if you folks are interested!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Topics

Recent Replies