harpcolumn

Camac harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Camac harp

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mimper6
    Participant

My Camac Athena is a very bright harp to play which I like. But when I play the 4th octave G or the 4th octave A, I hear a slightly annoying sympathetic vibration and I feel like I need to muffle immediately. Is this normal? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Could you be more specific? And are you sure it’s your harp and not your room? I had a lamp that vibrated on third octave D and I got so used to it that when I played elsewhere, I found myself surprised by the lack of vibration.

Also, how new are your bass wires? My harp reverberated too much when the bass wires were new. I skipped changing them because I like the sound better with them a little old.

mimper6
    Participant

Actually it’s the 3rd octave A and G, not the 4th. And it’s not the room, although that is a good suggestion. I just bought the harp used, so I’m not sure about the age of the wires although they look to be in good shape. When I play those 2 strings while dampening the 6th octave wires up toward the top of the harp, I don’t hear that dissonant vibration so maybe I should explore that more.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.