harpcolumn

Breton harp

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Breton harp

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    unknown-user
    Participant

Hi, does anyone know about the quality of this brand? They are made in China and appear to be cheaper than mainstream brands like Salvi and Camac.I’m interested in the Breton tulip.

http://bretonmusic.com/tulip.htm

Would I be better off forking out more money for an established brand?

john Doe
    Participant

Hey Miso.

I could tell you

Evangeline Williams
    Participant

I have never heard of Breton being L&H.

8048-_
    Participant

I saw Artone in the website. I have an Artone model 40C at home. I am surprised that Artone is made in China as I ordered this from my teacher

john Doe
    Participant

The Lyon & healy owns Shanghai Harp Music Ltd.

They are even sold at there Salvi store in Calfornia.

betsy-paine
    Participant

From what I have heard and learned about the Breton harps, you would be much better off putting your money towards a Dusty Strings Ravenna or another well-made harp instead of one that is poorly constructed and uses “knock-off” levers!

john Doe
    Participant

There is a reason harps stores will not sell that Junk!

Feel free to ask them Why!

Patti Newson
    Participant

I have also heard that the Prelude (Lyons and Healy) are now being made in china.

Donna O
    Participant

I recently bought a Prelude 40 from Lyon Healy in Chicago and toured the factory where the Preludes were being made, in Chicago not China!

HBrock25
    Keymaster

We have an Artone harp for our now 10 yr old daughter.

Need to note that the lever breakages were firstly due to the movers clumsily unpacking her harp and then today the harp slipped from her grasp and another lever broke upon contact with the road.

saylee14harp
    Participant

for anyone still interested, I have a Breton Jasmine harp and I think its a great little lever harp especially for student harps. It doesn’t have the concert spacing and tension like a prelude lever harp though.

cher
    Participant

I agree it is a great little lever harp. It was the first harp I rented from my first harp teacher. I would love to have owned it but she wasn’t selling it.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.