harpcolumn

Another scam

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Coffee Break Another scam

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    catherine-rogers
    Participant

If you receive this (or similar) email inquiry, it is a scam. From curiosity, I googled the phone number. Don’t answer, just delete.

Message: We hereby inquire about your availability to service our up and coming wedding ceremony which is slatted to hold on Friday 16th, March 2018 and over 100 people will be in attendance of the ceremony. My uncle will also be using this medium to propose to his girlfriend. The ceremony details is as below Groom:Ellis William II Bride:Jessica Alvey Reception Time: 12pm-2pm Ceremony Time: 2pm-5pm Guest:100-200 Date:Friday 16th, March 2018 Do supply the requested details below. 1. Location , 2. Phone Number. 3. Quote for a 2 hours set Email me on ellis.william.us@gmail.com 435) 562-5075 03/16/2018 Where about do you live? Kind Regards.

sham keys
    Participant

Glad to have found this. We received a similar email and it’s absolute BS. The email we received looked pretty much the same. Please ignore and delete any emails that look anything like the this one below:

We hereby inquire about your availability to service our up coming wedding ceremony between Troung William II and Jessica Alvey which is slatted to hold on Friday 16th, March 2018. Please view details below.

Ceremony Time: 2PM-4PM
    Reception Starts: 4PM-7PM

Reception follows Immediately by 4PM at the same venue.

Guest Count:100 People
    Date: Friday 16th, March 2018
    03/16/2018

Bride Name: Jessica Alvey
    Groom Name: Troung William

Do supply the requested details below so we can fully book your service.

1. Your Location.
    2. Phone Number.
    3. Quote.

Email me on ellis.william.us@gmail.com

Where about do you live? What is your Address?

Kind Regard

neelix
    Participant

I got one too! How can we stop this type of act?

We hereby inquire about your availability to service our up coming wedding ceremony between Ellis William II and Jessica Alvey which is slatted to hold on saturday 4th, August 2018. Please view details below.

Ceremony Time: 2PM-4PM
    Reception Starts: 4PM-7PM

Reception follows Immediately by 4PM at the same venue.

Guest Count:100 People
    Date: saturday 4th, August 2018

Groom Name: Ellis William

Do supply the requested details below so we can fully book your service.

1. Your Location.
    2. Phone Number.
    3. Quote.

Email me on ellis.william.us@gmail.com

Where about do you live? What is your Address?

Ads on Yelp.com

Kind Regard

catherine-rogers
    Participant

There is no way to stop them or any other kind of thief. All you can do is ignore them and warn others.

Anonymous
    Inactive

ok

Scott Rosenthal
    Participant

Here’s the email I received … and my reply

Congratulations! Thanks for writing!

Not only are we available for your February 2, 2019 wedding at Wychmere Beach Club, but you will officially be our 1,000th wedding on Cape Cod since we launched and have won a FREE WEDDING!

We’re sending your information along to the local news stations so they can interview you for your reaction.

We look forward to working with you and making your wedding a day to remember!

Congratulations again!

Cape Tunes

On November 23, 2018 at 6:29 AM Troung William <t.william.vic.au.avondale@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks For getting back to us and we do hope we can all make the ceremony a memorable one. in addition to the supplied details. please find below the event Details and other Vital information Regarding the ceremony that will help you in making quotes and logistics.

Event Venue: Wychmere Beach Club: A Longwood Venue

Address: 23 Snow Inn Rd, Harwich Port, MA 02646, USA

Ceremony Time: 2.00PM
    Ceremony End Time : 4.00PM

Date: Saturday 2nd, February 2019.

Reception start time: 4.00PM
    Reception End Time: 8.00PM
    Service needed for both Ceremony and engagement.

Groom Name: Ellis William

Guest Counts: 100 approx.
    PA will be provided.

Kindly make us a quote and also, do furnish us your full name and address so as to facilitate the mailing out of check for your service. Please do get back to us with the below details.

1. Full Name
    2. Mailing Address OR PO BOX ADDRESS.

3. Cell or Mobile Number.
    4. Final Quote and contract.

I will be looking forward to hearing back from you as soon as possible.

Kind Regards

Sylvia
    Participant

William really needs to learn the difference between slatted and slated.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.