harpcolumn

Advice on First Lap Harp please!

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Harps and Accessories Advice on First Lap Harp please!

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    David Kitamura
    Participant

In addition to what was posted, try looking at local classifieds for used harps. There are quite a few perfectly fine harps out there from responsible owners and you may find one you like at a significant cost savings. I was able to secure a preowned Blevins Reve 34 this way. It wasn’t originally on my radar of harp models to get, but it was hard to overlook the asking price for what I was getting. I’m glad I waited at least a bit to buy my first harp to see what options came along.

Biagio
    Participant

Update on the MM Voyageur strings: Matt had told me that they’d revised the regime in the light of some suggestions I’d made so I just took a look at them. They eliminated a sharp dip in tension which I and a few others did not like so that’s that as far as any criticism from my end.

For what it’s worth, I went a bit further than their revision: making the (bass) lower strings bronze core fiber bed nylon wrap and substituting fluorocarbon for several nylon/nylon higher up. But that is more personal preference than anything else – and “my” version would be more expensive too. I like their solution.

Biagio

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.