harpcolumn

What Song Is This?

Log in to your Harp Column account to post or reply in the forums. If you don’t have an account yet, you’ll need to email us to set one up.

Home Forums Repertoire What Song Is This?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    rozelle-sunkel
    Participant

Does anyone know the piece the two girls are playing in this video?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq-d0le4koI

Thank You

Kristan Toczko
    Participant

It’s Caroline Lizotte’s harp solo called Suite Galactique, a section from the first movement.

rozelle-sunkel
    Participant

Thank you.

carl-swanson
    Participant

I don’t know why this drives me nuts, but it does. A SONG is a piece of music that has words to it that someone sings!!!!! A PIECE is a piece of music that has no words and is NOT sung!!!!!!!!!

Allison Stevick
    Participant

Oh, it makes me sad to see text-yelling in response to a simple conversation about beautiful music. I once made the mistake of improperly differentiating between tunes and songs, too. I was gently and politely instructed about the difference, for which I was grateful. I think if I had been scolded, I would have felt very embarrassed and reluctant to contribute to the forum in the future.

Gretchen Cover
    Participant

When Carl said song/piece drives him nuts, I took his bold text to mean he was venting his frustration, not making an attack. My harp instructor felt the same way as Carl. I never made the mistake (or knowingly) about mixing up song and piece after her “friendly” reminder:) But, now we know the name of the PIECE.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Recent Replies