harpcolumn

practical news, for practical harpists

Forums » Professional Harpists » Hasselmans Gondoliera op. 39

About Forums

Welcome to the Harp Column forums. Please read the Terms and Conditions before posting. By using this forum, you agree to adhere to these terms.

Want to add links or emphasis to your posts? Read the Harp Column blog about posting shortcuts.

Hasselmans Gondoliera op. 39

• Andy
    Andy B

I've recently purchased this music, and would love to find a recording of it. I'm not having any luck, though. Is anyone aware of a recording, or have tips on learning this piece? I can't even find it on youtube. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks, Andy

replies to "Hasselmans Gondoliera op. 39"
    • Andy
      Andy B

Just bumping this back up; still not having any luck finding a recording or anyone familiar with this piece. I haven't started seriously working on it yet, due to some other projects, but hope to get around to it soon.

Andy

• Barbara
      Barbara Brundage

Wanna wait for shipping?

http://www.harplore.com.au/classica.htm

(It's on the CD 'The Fountain' by Louise Johnson)

• Andy
      Andy B

Barbara, you are amazing! Thank you so much!

Andy

• Jerusha
      Jerusha Amado

Andy,

I love some of Hasselmans' work, particularly "Guitare" and "Feuilles d'Automne".  Have you had time to sightread "Gondoliera" at all?  Does it sound similar to the works that I just mentioned?  (They have a somewhat dark/sad quality to them.)

Jerusha

• Mr.
      Mr. S

Andy , i love Hasselmans music so much, but really dont know why famouse harpist dont record or play his music on their recordings, i amm looking for ballade by him .

• Sherry
      Sherry Lenox

"Petite Berceuse" was the first REAL GROWN UP piece I worked on, and I still find it amazing that so much beautiful sound could be put into a little piece that is so simple.

My teacher always points out that Hasselman's music is totally harpistic.