harpcolumn

practical news, for practical harpists

Forums » Professional Harpists » Harp and Marimba Duo

About Forums

Welcome to the Harp Column forums. Please read the Terms and Conditions before posting. By using this forum, you agree to adhere to these terms.

Want to add links or emphasis to your posts? Read the Harp Column blog about posting shortcuts.

Harp and Marimba Duo

• Jessica
    Jessica Brizuela

I was wondering if there have been any publications of harp and marimba duo music. If so, where could I find it?

replies to "Harp and Marimba Duo"
    • Misty
      Misty Harrison

If you google it a lot comes up. Also there's a CD available through harp.com I think and also harpcenter.com called arpamarimba that's a German duo (mother and daughter).

• Natalie
      Natalie Teodori

There is a composer in Austin, TX, who has recently added three works to the harp repertoire, the first of which is for harp and marimba. His name is Tim Rogers. The work is as yet unpublished but is really interesting and worth looking into.

• Patricia
      Patricia Jaeger

In the U.S. the best known professional duo of a mallet instrument with harp, is Beverly Colgan, harp, and Joe Venuto, Vibraphone. You can visit their site at www.harpandvibes.com, and see if there is published music available, that may be adaptable for harp and marimba.