harpcolumn

practical news, for practical harpists

Forums » Harps and Accessories » Dusty Strings Ravenna 26

About Forums

Welcome to the Harp Column forums. Please read the Terms and Conditions before posting. By using this forum, you agree to adhere to these terms.

Want to add links or emphasis to your posts? Read the Harp Column blog about posting shortcuts.

Dusty Strings Ravenna 26

• Cassie
    Cassie M

After A LOT of thought(seriously it was about all that I could think about 24/7 for a while now), I decided to get the Ravenna 26. Although most would assume it is the cost, which is a HUGE part of it, I also happen to like the looks of it a lot better than comparable harps out there. Maybe because its a bit more modern? I'm not sure. Until I can get one of those gorgeous pedal harps that cost $$$$$ and look like the belong in a castle, I think it will suit me best.

But anyways, to hold me over until I can get it, (I'm putting a down payment on it soon but will pay over a 3 month basis) I was hoping to here from anyone else who has it! Especially pictures! All I can seem to find are the stock photos, and I would love to see others. So if anyone can just reassure me that putting almost $1000 into such a unsure thing was the right move, that would be much appreciated! :D I'm terrified of having such a large payment, because I never have in my life, but I believe that it will be well worth the hard work and long wait!

One last thing: I OFFICIALLY FOUND MY TEACHER! As a believer in Christ, I had believed that He told me she was the right one. Oddly she was the only teacher I couldn't get a hold of! But I'm really am happy to have finally figured out who it is and talked with her! (Hello if she's reading this! :) ) Thanks to everyone for the support!

- Sign in to comment
    replies to "Dusty Strings Ravenna 26"
    • Cassie
      Cassie M

I forgot to add, this particular Ravenna has C and F levers. It also comes with the case, which saves me close to $100! Plus the shipping is very fair compared to the $160 shipping I almost paid! I just feel that this is the harp for me. Everything kinda landed in place and I have faith that the job will too.

- Sign in to comment
    • Jennifer
      Jennifer Buehler

Congrats!  I don't have a Ravenna but I heard and rented one at a conference last year.  They're really quite decent harps for the price.  If you can afford it the feet make it a lot more stable.  Still even with the pull down foot it is more stable than most 26 strings.

Jennifer

- Sign in to comment
    • Cassie
      Cassie M

Thanks for the tip Jennifer! I'll try to get the legs! I'll be going to the Virginia Harp Center soon, and hopefully they'll have one so I can pick it up without the shipping! I didn't know the stability was even a concern! I learn so much from here every day! :)

- Sign in to comment
    • HarpGlo
      HarpGlo Jean

Hi Cassie, Congratulations on your Ravenna purchase!  I've had my Ravenna 26 for two years now, and I love that harp! Last night I brought it with me (btw: very portable to cart around) to a friend's house, and played it for her, and other friends and they commented how beautiful the tone was, and how much the sound filled the room, and this room had very high ceilings...So enjoy! You've made a great purchase!

Gloria 

- Sign in to comment
    • Cassie
      Cassie M

Thanks Gloria! I'm so glad to hear that! I think I'll really enjoy the portability aspect. All my friends love to bring their instruments to school to play together and its nice to know I might be able to join in sometime. I'm also over my grandmas a lot and I know it would be fun to play at Christmastime especially! :)

- Sign in to comment
    • don
      don morin

good for you!!! you sound so excited....i am buying a ravenna 34.......i should have it by the first week of september........i cant wait either

- Sign in to comment
    • Cassie
      Cassie M

enjoy your Ravenna also! Wow thats soon! I won't be getting mine till probably November, but at least I know its "mine". They even have my name on it! haha

- Sign in to comment