harpcolumn

practical news, for practical harpists

Forums » Harps and Accessories » Salvi Ana temptation - sale

About Forums

Welcome to the Harp Column forums. Please read the Terms and Conditions before posting. By using this forum, you agree to adhere to these terms.

Want to add links or emphasis to your posts? Read the Harp Column blog about posting shortcuts.

Salvi Ana temptation - sale

• Deb
    Deb L

Salvi is changing over to performance levers on their Ana's and their current invenntory is on sale for 3999.  It just so happens that my pain threshold is 4,000 so I had ruled Ana, which is my 'dream' harp at 5,200, out.  What are the chances of something like this happening now?

I have a plan in the works to get a Camac Concert Melusine.  Someone in the showroom is going to play different harps of this model and I am going to get to select one based on their relative descriptions of sound.  This suits the music I play, over the years I just seem to get more and more into traditional and folk. But I love the sound of the classic harps I've rented.  The Salvi Ana is like a supermodel in my mind, something beautiful an unobtainable.  I don't know which of these two is actually right for me, if I was just wanting something I couldn't have with the Ana or if I should seize the opportunity.  I really wish I could have both, they are like completely different instruments.  I really need to do some careful thinking.

- Sign in to comment
    replies to "Salvi Ana temptation - sale"
    • Jessica
      Jessica Wolff

What levers do they currently have on the Ana?

- Sign in to comment
    • HarpGlo
      HarpGlo Jean

Yes, I'd like to know that too, since I have a friend who has an Ana (it's about 4 years old) and it has the Performance Levers already....

- Sign in to comment
    • Brook
      Brook Boddie

Deb,

Unless they extended it, this sale was scheduled to end on 05/31/10.

I personally prefer the older Salvi levers to the performance levers.  I'd suggest contacting Alex at Salvi Harps in CA to see if they may still have some left and, if so, if they'd sell one to you at the sale price.  Keep us posted!

- Sign in to comment
    • Deb
      Deb L

you are all right.  I called Salvi and she said they still have a few with the old levers but the sale is over.  She said she'd call to see if any could be sold at the sale price and let me know.

- Sign in to comment
    • Deb
      Deb L

Alex from Salvi called me last night to offer a 1 yr old Ana in good condition for 3,999.  Although it is a great deal on a dream harp, I think I need to develop my playing style more before I buy a harp.  I just got Ortiz's International rythmic collection vol I and am looking forward to hearing how it sounds on the Rees. 

- Sign in to comment
    • Eliza
      Eliza Morrison

Deb, my advice would be to get the one you really, really want. You won't ever be sorry!

- Sign in to comment