harpcolumn

practical news, for practical harpists

Forums » Coffee Break » Harp Sighting- Help please

About Forums

Welcome to the Harp Column forums. Please read the Terms and Conditions before posting. By using this forum, you agree to adhere to these terms.

Want to add links or emphasis to your posts? Read the Harp Column blog about posting shortcuts.

Harp Sighting- Help please

• Sherry
    Sherry Lenox

There is a commercial on tri-state NYC area TV right now in which a harp is heard and seen very briefly, followed by the appearance of some very rough looking man. The car being advertised is supposed to be rough and refined at the same time, hence the rough looking man and the harp.

The harp is a tall looking Celtic looking harp that is only shown at the very beginning of the commercial. Could someone identify it? The commercial may be for some sort of Toyota, although I'm not sure.

- Sign in to comment
    replies to "Harp Sighting- Help please"
    • Brook
      Brook Boddie

Sherry,

I think I saw that commercial on TV last night, and I believe the harp was a L&H Troubadour.  Was the music that was being played "Greensleeves?"

- Sign in to comment
    • Kari
      Kari Q

Hi Sherry,

I have recently seen that commercial too.  The rough looking guy is Chuck Norris, which I found amusing because somewhere on this site I think it was mentioned that Chuck Norris plays the harp (not in the commercial).

Brook is right, the song is Greensleeves but the harp is shown so briefly it is hard to tell what it is but what glimpse you do get of it does look like a L&H Troubador.

Kari

- Sign in to comment
    • Sherry
      Sherry Lenox

Thank you both! That's the commercial. My husband laughed at me for calling the car a Toyota- it's actually a Hundai (?), and the back of it is too small for a harp, the only criteria at present for cars in this house.

I just glimpsed the harp and it looked as though it was shaped a little differently than what I expected from a Troubador, also looked rather tall, very handsome.

Glad I wasn't imagining that I saw it!

- Sign in to comment
    • Kari
      Kari Q

Hi Sherry,

I found the commercial on youtube.  It is actually for a Honda Ridgeline. Here's the link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mg8EMmOWQI

- Sign in to comment
    • Sherry
      Sherry Lenox

:)

- Sign in to comment
    • Briggsie B.
      Briggsie B. Peawiggle, Esq.

Is she playing a Troubadour? And is she playing Sam Milligan's version of Greensleeves?

- Sign in to comment
    • Jennifer
      Jennifer Buehler

Definitely a troub.  I'm not familiar with Sam Milligan's Greensleeves though...

- Sign in to comment