harpcolumn

practical news, for practical harpists

Forums » Amateur Harpists » Harp teachers & rentals near...

About Forums

Welcome to the Harp Column forums. Please read the Terms and Conditions before posting. By using this forum, you agree to adhere to these terms.

Want to add links or emphasis to your posts? Read the Harp Column blog about posting shortcuts.

Harp teachers & rentals near Wayne, PA?

• Unknown
    Unknown User

I've been looking very hard to find a harp teacher and a place to rent

harps in or near Wayne Pennsylvania, and had very little luck. Can

anyone give a name or refer me to a website of a harp teacher/ rental

place near here?

replies to "Harp teachers & rentals near Wayne, PA?"
    • Unknown
      Unknown User

I have a website sauldavis.com, and am nearby in Center City, just minutes from 30th Street or Suburban Stations, and ample parking. A great teacher is worth a bit of travel. To rent a harp, I can only suggest Virginia Harp Center in Haddonfield, NJ. That is the closest harp store. Nothing is convenient about the harp, ever, which is what makes it so worthwhile, actually.

• Unknown
      Unknown User

Planet Harp, in Macungie, Pa. (just outside of Allentown) rents pedal and lever harps.  They also have a wonderful harp teacher, SaraJane Williams.  She is editor of the Harp Therapy Journal.  check www.planetharp.com

• Evangeline
      Evangeline Williams

I believe Martha Clancy is in Wayne.  Gloria Galante is in Bucks Co. and at West Chester Univ.  Janet Whitman is somewhere in PA.  Anne Sullivan is in Wilmington, DE.

As far as renting a harp, music, etc.,....

there's some store in Bucks Co. area that has folk harp supplies

there's the VA harp center in NJ

Concord Music in DE carries harp music and folk/celtic/lever harps.  they can be reached at (302) 454-7664 or (302) 658-6875

Concord Music has wonderful rental programs that allow your payments to go towards ownership of the instrument.  This is not always the case with harp rentals elsewhere.  They rent band and string instruments as well as guitars, and do have some harps in stock at their Newark, DE store.  They carry Tripletts, and at times have some other makers, and can order from a variety of makers as well.

Also, there's a chance one of these teachers might have an instrument that they rent.  So if you end up with one of the teachers, they may have an instrument they can rent you.

feel free to email me at blueharpdiva@aol.com for more info....

• Unknown
      Unknown User

I have a Troubador harp which I could rent to a student.

• Meredith Kohn
      Meredith Kohn Bocek

Hello,

The Harp Studio in Owego, New York rents harps and has a rent to buy program.  You can rent Triplett harps or Lorien harps.  Call 607 687 3410 or go to www.TheHarpStudio.net.   Yours, Meredith Kohn Bocek

• Patricia
      Patricia Jaeger

Rachel, try Delaware Valley Music in Philadelphia, because they handle some harp music; therefore some students or teachers who play harp must be customers. Wayne is not far from Philadelphia. 1718 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19103-5120, United States. Phone: (215) 568-0911

• Unknown
      Unknown User

Thank you, Pat, that would be me. They are my neighborhood store, and I am the primary customer, and the teacher in the area. I have several students from the Main Line, who mostly come in by train, as I am near the station, so they don't have to pay for parking.

• Unknown
      Unknown User

And yes, they are stocking your music, Pat. It's a very small selection, about 12 books so far as they are very conservative in ordering, and many people go to Virginia Harp Center for music in New Jersey. But they are also stocking my pieces, and do ordering via e-mail, or long-distance phone, and are developing a website.