harpcolumn

practical news, for practical harpists

Forums » Amateur Harpists » HARP-MARE!

About Forums

Welcome to the Harp Column forums. Please read the Terms and Conditions before posting. By using this forum, you agree to adhere to these terms.

Want to add links or emphasis to your posts? Read the Harp Column blog about posting shortcuts.

HARP-MARE!

• Karen
    Karen Agabin

I dreamt recently all the strings of my 36-string harp were broken! And the break was one clean line, what a harp nightmare indeed! I wonder what it means??

replies to "HARP-MARE! "
    • Karen
      Karen Johns

It means you need to trim your fingernails, else they become as sharp as knives and sever your strings during a glissando! LOL

Karen

• Diana
      Diana Lincoln

I had a dream like that too!  The next day I bought a set of strings for the Prelude only to come home and find two broken strings on my little FH26! WEIRD! I couldn't begin to explain anything having to do with strings except weather related changes...

• Diana
      Diana Lincoln

Weather and, of course, wear and tear.

• Karen
      Karen Agabin

Haha, likely. It were as if a knife was used to gliss. Very clean, stright cut. :)

• Karen
      Karen Agabin

That's why I keep 2 spare string sets per important harps now! :)

• Karen
      Karen Johns

Sounds like a mild form of "Freddy Kruegerism"- he now goes after harps instead of teenagers! ;-}

Karen

• V.
      V. B.

That is just toooo funny and weird.  You probably had one of those mind boggling moment when you wondered, "what on earth would happen if all my strings broke before an event and you didn't have extra strings on hand, Yikes!"  My son would always say to me when things go wrong: "Mom it's time to take a break from your harp, you've had too much harp playing."

• Leslie
      Leslie Davis

Hahaha......'Freddy Kruegerism' - very frightening, but funny!