harpcolumn

practical news, for practical harpists

Forums » Amateur Harpists » sheet music for Yiruma's 'River...

About Forums

Welcome to the Harp Column forums. Please read the Terms and Conditions before posting. By using this forum, you agree to adhere to these terms.

Want to add links or emphasis to your posts? Read the Harp Column blog about posting shortcuts.

sheet music for Yiruma's 'River Flows in You'

• Anne
    Anne Belliveau

Does anyone know a source for harp sheet music for Yiruma's beautiful lullaby called 'River Flows in You'?  I'd love to learn this piece.  Thanks for any info you can share.

replies to "sheet music for Yiruma's 'River Flows in You'"
    • Barbara
      Barbara Brundage

Musicnotes.com has several versions. They're for piano, but work just fine on harp.

• Anne
      Anne Belliveau

thanks so much!  I'll check this out.

• Barbara
      Barbara Brundage

Oh, I should have mentioned that if you play lever harp, there's one version that works better than the longest versions. They have a three page version that's still pretty close to the original but has no key change. (You can just play a single 16th note G for the repeated 32nd notes in the passage on the second page, if that's hard for you.)

• Daniele
      Daniele Di

Hi,

Im sorry but I cant find this sheet.
      I have a lever harp (Dusty String Ravenna 26 string) and I`m searching a sheet for this song, but I can only find hard piano versions.

Thank you

Daniele

• Folk
      Folk Harpie

I got mine from PianoFiles.com, they have many different versions. You should easily find what you're looking for.

• Daniele
      Daniele Di

I received 4 different versions, but no one playable on a 26string harp :(

• Barbara
      Barbara Brundage

Just updating this for future reference: I see Sylvia Woods now has a harp arrangement available:

http://www.harpcenter.com/product/river-flows-in-you-harp-sheet-music/

• Niina
      Niina Chamberlain

Hi Anne

I had a go at it a year ago and just used the piano music score, it seems to work well, although my skill isn't (or wasn't) good enough to get the trills right.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2wCs_Zxi38&list=UUdyyCdLfv_GQAI5BtfrOQbg&index=3&feature=plcp

Niina

• Priscilla
      Priscilla Kleiner

Echoing Barbara's comment, my Sylvia Woods arrangement is on its way here. She just announced its availability and I ordered it right away.

• Priscilla
      Priscilla Kleiner

Niina,

This is so lovely! Thanks so much for sharing. Your playing is beautiful.

Thanks,

Priscilla

• Niina
      Niina Chamberlain

Very kind Priscilla, thank you.

My skill wasn't quite up to it when I played it last year, but I am getting faster now.

Niina

• Christian
      Christian Frederick

I just checked out pianofiles.com. It sound like something that really is illegal, and is doing business in "the grey zone". I would NOT recommend anyone using this service.

• Raye
      Raye Wilson

What is the level of difficulty - - would you recommend it for an intermediate player?

• Barbara
      Barbara Brundage

If you look at the bottom of the page she has a preview of the first couple of lines. Those are pretty representative of the difficulty. It's basically pretty much the same as the three-page version sold by musicnotes, and you can see a whole page as a preview there. Both omit the key change and what I guess you might call the bridge section that's in the complete piece.